Free WiFi in Mumbai? Here’s How to Connect WiFi HotspotsRawat February 26, 2019 0 COMMENTS
To empower people digitally, the Maharashtra Government launched free WiFi in Mumbai in the year 2017. Through the step, Mumbai became the first city with the greatest public WiFi network widely known as ‘MumbaiWiFi’. The network was initially assigned with 500 hotspots. Even though there are companies providing unlimited home WiFi plans, free WiFi in Mumbai is a great way to stay connected 24 hours without pinching their pockets. In today’s time, the urge to have the best internet has become a necessity and not just a need. If you are a tourist in Mumbai with a bad mobile network, free WiFi is just like a blessing in disguise. But where to find free WiFi and then how to connect to the same are still questions we always seek answers for.
Locate Free WiFi in Mumbai
You would be happy to know that there are quite a number of places to spot a free WiFi zone. The tourists can avail the option in airports, railway stations, hotels, city attractions, and more. Besides, there are various cafes, restaurants, and other public places in Mumbai which have the facility of free wifi. The owners of the cafes have access to unlimited broadband plans. So when you are in Mumbai you can find a free WiFi spot anywhere in the following locations:
- Airports, railway stations, and bus stations
- Hotels and motels
- Restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, pubs, and bars
- Public library and university campus
- Public attraction
How to connect to WiFi hotspots?
You first need to figure out the symbols to access free WiFi zones.
- Firstly, you need to open your phone settings and go to the WiFi and select the network either names as free wifi or by any other name which doesn’t have an icon of limitation.
- Once you get connected through your android phone, open the notification bar by pulling down and check the connection.
- In case you don’t come across a notification, open the web browser in mobile and try to connect to any web page. You will automatically be directed towards the login page.
- You can fill in the details like your phone number and name. You will get an OTP in your phone. Enter OTP. You are now connected to free WiFi.
- In case, you are an iPhone user, the login page will automatically appear once the phone is connected to the network.
- If the page doesn’t show up, you must visit any website to check the connection, which redirects you to the login page.
- To login in the WiFi, you have to enter your Indian mobile number of 10 digits and click on ‘get SMS’ tab.
- An OTP will be received by you on the provided number which will you access to the WiFi.
- Hit login after feeding the code and you are now ready to use free WiFi.
You will get MumbaiWiFi offered by the State Government in almost all the railway stations. In India, 4G internet has gained momentum. Wireless broadband offers in Mumbai have given many Indians hope that in the future almost everyone will have free access to the internet in public places.