Why use your phone’s data for a temporary Wi-Fi connection when you can get the best broadband for a more permanent measure?
Most people are still, inexplicably, using their mobile phones to ‘hotspot’ their other digital devices. A hotspot is a temporary Wi-Fi connection created so that digital devices in the area may access the Internet over the phone’s network. You must set up the hotspot on the phone first – enter a username and password for the connection, and then choose the ‘Portable hotspot’ option under ‘Network settings’ to create a Wi-Fi zone. Your other digital devices can then log in using this connection, after they have entered the same password that you have set for it.
However, there are a couple of problems with hotspotting your phone for Wi-Fi. First, the phone hotspot cannot provide a continuous and wide range of coverage. The range and utility of the phone hotspot is quite low, and it is largely dependent on the signal strength being offered at the time.
Second, the phone hotspot consumes the phone’s data. The longer you browse, the more phone data is consumed. This phone data is the same that is used even by the phone for in-device browsing, calling, texting and other surfing needs. Thus, the hotspot eats up into monthly data, so your network speeds are also reduced.
It is old hat to use a hotspot in this fashion. Modern lifestyles demand the best broadband connections – and it is imperative to get one.
The best broadband connection – why it helps
Broadband Internet offers superfast speeds and multi-device connectivity. One connection can suffice when you wish to connect many digital devices at once. Airtel currently offers the best broadband connections, with up to 10 devices being easily used simultaneously on the same connection with no lag in speeds or network uptime.
So from your Smart TV to your mobile phone, every digital device can be connected on the same broadband connection. Also, broadband offers more uniform coverage and a wider range than a phone hotspot.
Airtel broadband – a winning idea!
If you are on the lookout for the best broadband connection, you need to look no further than Airtel broadband because –
- Airtel offers speeds of 40 Mbps to 100 Mbps, depending on the plan you choose.
- Airtel V-fibernet has top speeds of 300 Mbps, with 99% uptime.
- You get monthly data between 100 GB to 1,200 GB, and bonus data if you book the Airtel connection up to October 31, 2018.
- Each connection offers fast speeds, unlimited calling, data rollover and other benefits.
- You also get high discounts on taking the 6-months or 12-months plans.
- Airtel offers a free router with the installation, and also a one-year free subscription to Amazon Prime on certain plans.